Friday, November 16, 2007

Yikes!!

So, one day I went over to Judy's (one of the English teachers) house to get her help for a recipe to use to make a dessert with some of the students. As we were sitting there talking I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. I looked up to see a huge spider, probably the size of a large sand dollar, emerging from behind a picture on the wall. I do believe my heart stopped for a few seconds and I was up out of my chair with my hand on the door knob. I normally am ok with spider...but this was more along the lines of a small rodent. The spider moved across the wall faster than I thought possible and kinda fell down to the floor. I was trying to stay calm by actually staying in the house, but I was ready to run at any second. During all of this Judy had not moved from her chair, but was just very calmly (as she always is) watched. I asked her what she normally does about them, since she has had them before. She said that she normally has bug spray, but that it was in the kitchen...in which the spider was now blocking the way to. So, to try to help the matter, Judy picked up a bottle of cleaning spray that was on the table and squirted the spider a few times. He scurried somewhere into the kitchen and out of sight. So we went back to our recipes and left him to find his way home. I hope he did, because I sure don't want to see him again....ugghh!
I knew those things existed...but actually seeing one in real life is quite an experience!!

No comments: