Sunday, November 11, 2007

news

I cannot believe it is almost halfway through November and less than two weeks until Thanksgiving! The past few weeks have been busy and fun with many new experiences. I am learning many things about who God is, ministering and ministry, who I am, and what God has called me to do now and in the future. I am being stretched and strengthened, praise Jesus!
At the beginning of November the school had their annual Sports Day! The morning of the big events I had to be out at the field at a certain time and the students had a different time they had to be out there. Well, it ended up that I got locked inside the girls dorm building. Fortunately there were cleaning ladies inside that I hoped had a key, unfortunately, they speak absolutely no English. After about 10 minutes of hand motions, acting things out, going from floor to floor, they finally got the idea that I could not get out. I think they were trying to tell me to get out of the building...while I was trying to tell them I couldn't!! However, I learned that there is an advantage to not being able to speak the same language...you don't know what they are saying when they yell at you, so it doesn't upset you!!! Yeah, I think they were a bit upset at me....but I don't know why! haha...experiences to remember! ;)
These are a few pictures of Sports Day!

(Students lined up to begin Sport Day)


(Mr. Lyle, Amanda, Sam, Me, and Christie)


(Dr. Hovater getting the girls ready for tug-o-war)


(playing games!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori
I miss you.... Im so glad your experiencing God's love and learning more about Him!!!
I hope your eating some yummy food and NO MORE squids!!!
Love ya
Kimmie